2021 Maserati Levante Model Review with Prices, Photos, & Specs
About the Maserati Levante
For decades, Maserati has offered some of the finest sedans and sports cars available today. Since its 2016 debut, the Maserati Levante continues to earn acclaim and change perceptions as Maserati’s first-ever SUV. Combining typical Maserati performance and handling with luxurious Italian luxury and design, the Levante breaks the mold of what a luxury SUV is capable of. Incorporating 60/40 folding rear seats to maximize the model’s larger design, the Levante creates a total of 20.5 cubic feet of cargo space when needed. The ZF-automatic gearbox comes equipped with a multitude of driving modes that custom tailor your driving experience from comfort to performance to off-road traction. The Levante comes equipped with driver assistance systems that enrich the driving experience without taking total control away from the driver. What results is a vehicle combining equal parts of utility vehicle, sports car, and work of art – the quintessential Italian SUV.
What’s new for 2021
For the 2021 model year, the primary change to the Maserati Levante comes in the form of an infotainment update. While it retains the same 8.4-inch touchscreen as last year, it now benefits from new software based on Google’s Android Automotive. Features making their debut this year include a voice-activated virtual assistant, in-dash navigation, Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, and a wireless smartphone charging pad.
Maserati Levante Features
The Levante redefines performance with available engines that push the boundaries of what is possible in an SUV. It starts with two available 3.0-liter twin-turbocharged V6 engines that deliver up to 424 horsepower. The pulse-pounding V8 engine is reserved for uncompromising drivers. The full-throated sound of its iconic exhaust note announces your arrival with up to 590 horsepower, enabling speeds of 189 MPH, and acceleration from 0 to 60 MPH in 3.7 seconds.
The ZF automatic gear comes equipped with 8 distinct driving modes which include:
- Auto Normal Mode gives a smooth gearshift at low revs in order to maximize comfort and fuel economy.
- Manual Normal Mode allows the driver to control the gear shifting through the optional paddle shifters behind the steering wheel.
- Auto Sport Mode shifts gears in less than 100 milliseconds at higher revs for a sportier driving experience and a more satisfying sound. The mode also initiates the Overboost feature that accesses the most torque from lower engine speeds.
- Manual Sport Mode leaves the command of the transmission with the driver for a sharper driving experience. The overboost feature still functions to maximum performance and greater engine sound.
- Manual Off-Road Mode lets the Levante keep the same speed going up steep inclines or uneven terrain, but still leaving the driver keeping the speed.
- Auto Off-Road Mode does the same as the manual off-road mode but automatically shifts for better convenience.
- I.C.E. (Increased Control & Efficiency) Mode best works for low-traction surfaces like icy roads for a smoother ride with a quieter engine and better fuel economy.
- Corsa Mode comes exclusively with the Levante Trofeo trim, activated by double-pressing the Sport button. The mode works best for completely dynamic driving, bringing the best out of the engine, suspension, and other performance features. The mode also lets drivers accelerate even faster from out of the gate.
The cabin of the Maserati Levante reminds you why you’ve always loved hand-crafted Italian luxury. The all-leather seating combines the commanding vision you enjoy from an SUV-style driving position, with the hand-stitched details and premium leathers that you don’t expect to find in a typical SUV. While the Italian leather satisfies your tactile senses, the available premium audio systems ensure your auditory senses are equally impressed. The standard, 8-speaker, 280-watt system is more than sufficient for most drivers, but the 900-watt Harman Kardon® Premium Audio system with 14-speakers and a high-performance subwoofer will make you want to replace your home system. Finally, true audiophiles will demand the 1,280-watt Bowers & Wilkins Ultra Premium Audio system providing a totally immersive sound experience with 17 speakers featuring QuantumLogic™ Surround Sound Technology for more authentic audio quality.
Remarkable Technology and Safety Features
Technology and groundbreaking safety features are two additional core strengths of the Maserati Levante. At the center console, you’ll find the Maserati Touch Control Plus, an 8.4-inch center display controlled via touch, rotary, and voice command. The system supports the Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ that seamlessly integrates your smartphone with the MTC+ without having to move a wire or take your eyes off the road.
Every Maserati Levante comes standard with cruise control and a rearview camera with dynamic gridlines displayed on the MTC+. Other safety technologies include the 360-degree Surround View Camera and the Rear Cross Path Function, which eliminate blind spots. Driving a Levante means that you’ll always have an extra set of eyes helping you stay one step ahead of danger.
Eager to take your Levante experience to the next level? Maserati offers a pair of optional interior/exterior trim packages to further personalize your Levante – the GranLusso and the GranSport. The GranLusso focuses on style and luxury features while the GranSport does the same with performance features and sportier aesthetics.
Both trims also come with the optional Pieno Fiore leather made from the hide of bulls from the mountains of Northern Europe. The leather sets itself apart with meticulous craftsmanship, available in black, red, or tan.
The distinctive features between the two include:
- Horizontal chrome accents to the front fascia and silver accent on the front bumper’s protection plates and roof rails.
- GranLusso badge on each front fender.
- 19-inch machine-polished Zefiro wheels with gloss black painted brake calipers with white Maserati script.
- Radica wood trim with your choice of either Ermenegildo Zegna silk upholstery or Full premium Italian leather.
- Standard Harman Kardon® Premium Audio System and an advanced navigation system.
- Soft-close doors that automatically close when left slightly open.
- Piano Black grille blades, sport bumper, and Piano Black extractor.
- Blue accents on the grille trident logo and C-pillar-mounted Saetta logo.
- 20-inch machine-polished Nereo wheels with gloss red-painted brake calipers with white Maserati script.
- Power-adjustable sport steering wheel with multifunction buttons, aluminum column-mounted paddle shifter, and Inox sport pedals.
- Available carbon fiber interior/exterior trims.
Trims & Specs
- Stating at $77,890 MSRP*
- 3.0L twin-turbocharged V6 engine with 345 horsepower and 369 lb-ft torque
- ZF 8-speed automatic transmission with Q4 intelligent AWD
- Leather interior upholstery with heated front seats
- Power-assisted steering with Speed Sensitive Feature
- Power liftgate with keyless opening and available remote start
- Starting at $88,890 MSRP*
- 3.0L twin-turbocharged V6 engine with 424 horsepower and 429 lb-ft of torque
- Upgraded full leather upholstery
- Panoramic sunroof with gloss silver roof rails
- Remote start via key fob
- Hill Descent Control
- Starting at $125,490 MSRP*
- 3.8L twin-turbocharged V8 engine with 550 horsepower and 538 lb-ft of torque
- 20-inch dark gray staggered Efesto wheels with gloss red-painted brake calipers
- Metallic exterior paint and chrome trident with blue accents
- Sport seats and Inox sport pedals
- 14-speaker, 900-watt Harman Kardon premium audio system
- Staring at $152,690 MSRP*
- 3.8L twin-turbocharged V8 engine with 580 horsepower and 538 lb-ft of torque
- Maserati clock on dashboard with chrome-plated trim
- Q4 Intelligent AWD with Active Torque Control
- Heated rear window and rear laminated privacy glass
- Blindspot Assist
*Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (also referred to as “MSRP”, “Base MSRP”, “Base Price” or the “Starting At” price), excludes destination/delivery charge, taxes, title, license, and registration and/or electronic filing fees, dealer fees, and total of options.