2020 Maserati Ghibli Review with Prices, Photos, & Specs
About the 2020 Maserati Ghibli
The 2020 Ghibli is the most recent chapter in the enduring and powerful legacy of the Maserati Ghibli. First offered in 1967, the Ghibli name has always been associated with nimble, powerful, roadsters. The 2020 Ghibli represents the sixth year of the third incarnation of the Maserati Ghibli. Featuring improved performance, style, and luxury, the Ghibli comes with your choice of two different V6 twin-turbo engines. The standard powertrain has 345 horsepower and 369 lb-ft of torque originating from behind the Ghibli’s signature shark-shaped nose. The Ghibli S further tunes that same Ferrari-built 3.0L twin-turbo V6 engine to 424 horsepower and 428 lb-ft of torque, and delivers that power to the pavement via an 8-speed automatic transmission equipped with several driving modes to fit your every need.
The Ghibli turns heads with a signature style of sculpted curves and elegant lines. Inside, the Ghibli’s cabin expresses elegant Italian style and handcrafted finishes. The Ghibli exhibits a host of technology features for both safety and comfort in the form of driving-assist technologies and premium infotainment systems. The Maserati Ghibli delivers that rare combination of elegance and power.
What’s New for 2020?
For the 2020 model year, the Maserati Ghibli returns mostly unchanged from last year’s model. Base trims now come standard with a heated steering wheel for enhanced comfort on chilly mornings. Additionally, GranSport and GranLusso variants receive adaptive cruise control and forward-collision warning as standard equipment.
Maserati Ghibli Features
You know a Maserati when you see one. The Ghibli represents class as well as sportiness and can be noticed from across the street with its bold lines, signature chrome grille, and trident logo. The Ghibli gives off a coupe-esque form with frameless doors and defined rear haunches and sloping C-pillar design. In the back, the Ghibli sports quad tailpipes, two on each side, showcasing its performance capabilities before you even turn on the engine. The Ghibli’s three trims come offered with two available packages, the GranLusso and GranSport, each fashioned to your specific preferences.
The Ghibli’s pair of 3.0-liter, twin-turbocharged V6 engine variants deliver either a standard 345 horsepower and 369 lb-ft of torque or – in its fully-tuned version – 424 horsepower and 428 lb-ft of torque. An 8-speed ZF automatic transmission unleashes precision gear shifting while auto-adaptive software ideally balances performance and fuel efficiency. The Ghibli Q4 trim comes standard with the Q4 Intelligent All-Wheel-Drive feature which gives better control on the road.
The transmission also offers five operating modes which allow drivers to customize the ride to suit their individual preferences.
- Auto Normal Mode operates for maximum comfort and fuel consumption.
- Auto Sport Mode works best for enhanced handling and gearshift engagement.
- Manual Normal Mode gives the control of shifting gears over to the driver through the optional column-mounted paddle shifters.
- Manual Sport Mode also leaves the control up to the driver with an array of functions to maximize performance and a more intense engine throttle.
- I.C.E. (Increased Control & Efficiency) Mode gives better control during extreme weather conditions, quieting engine response, and maximizing fuel efficiency.
The inside of a Maserati Ghibli delivers on the promise of hand-crafted Italian design (remove quotes). Examples of upscale materials available inside the cabin include premium perforated leather, Pieno Fiore natural leather, or Zegna silk upholstery . The front seats have 12-way power adjustment and substantial front legroom while the 60/40 rear folding seats provide comfortable seating for three.
Personalization is at the heart of any Maserati. For those choosing to inject an added dose of style, you can include a high-gloss carbon fiber twill that accentuates Maserati’s sporty roots. Or, you can choose a high-gloss Rovere veneer which combines three different woods layered and crafted in Italy for a more refined look.
Convenient Safety and Technology
Technology remains a key strength of the Maserati Ghibli. Positioned in the center of the dashboard is an expansive 8.4-inch touchscreen infotainment system. This screen allows you to customize the layout for easy access to your favorite multimedia. Bring your favorite songs to life with outstanding depth and clarity from your choice of a 10-speaker Harman Kardon® Premium Audio System or a 15-speaker Bowers & Wilkins Ultra-Premium Audio System. Standard Apple CarPlay®, Android Auto™, or Bluetooth® connectivity lets you enjoy your favorite smartphone functions inside the Ghibli.
The Ghibli instills driver confidence through an extensive array of safety features, (remove comma) with an emphasis on driver-assist technologies. The Ghibli ‘s standard safety features include the rearview camera with dynamic gridlines as well as front and rear parking sensors when attempting to find a space. The Highway Assist System (HAS) combines Adaptive Cruise Control with Lane Keeping Assist, which is a level 2 semi-autonomous driving system.
GranLusso and GranSport Packages
These two packages provide an additional dose of either luxury or sportiness for those looking to truly personalize their Ghibli. The GranLusso focuses more on style and luxury while the GranSport provides sport seats and accents. Both trims provide a new range of alloy wheels, exterior paint colors, and interior options. The GranLusso and GranSport packages also have optional Pieno Fiore leather trims, a widely coveted leather with an exquisite scent and artful texture. Available in black, red, or tan with a unique stitching pattern, the Pieno Fiore sets itself apart from any other leather interior.
Other exclusive features to the packages include:
- Horizontal chrome accents on lower grille
- Body-color side skirts
- GranLusso badge on each front fender
- 19-inch-silver Poseidon alloy wheels with Gloss-black painted brake calipers with white Maserati script
- Standard hands-free power trunk lid with kick sensor and soft-close doors
- Ermenegildo Zegna silk upholstery or full premium perforated leather seating with 12-way power adjustment and memory function
- Standard 10-speaker Harman Kardon® Premium Audio System
- Blue inserts within the grille-mounted trident logo.
- Sport front fascia with Piano Black accents
- GranSport badges on each front fender
- 20-inch machine-polished silver Urano wheels with red-painted brake calipers featuring white Maserati script
- Optional Full Carbon Fiber Kit (interior and exterior)
- Sport seats with 12-way power adjustment and memory function
- Grippy sport steering wheel with aluminum column-mounted paddle shifters and Inox sport pedals
Trims and Specs
- Starting at $70,990 MSRP*
- Standard V6 twin-turbo engine with 345 Horsepower and 369 lb-ft of torque
- Maximum speed of 166 mph with RWD
- 12-way power comfort front seats with 2-position driver memory
- 60/40 folding rear seat
- Aluminum key fob with keyless entry and go
- Starting at $75,990 MSRP*
- V6 twin-turbo engine with 424 horsepower and 428 lb-ft of torque
- Maximum speed of 178 mph
- Heated front seats and sunroof
- Apple CarPlay® with Siri® personal assistant and Android Auto™
- Available GranSport or GranLusso packages
Ghibli S Q4 AWD
- Starting at $78,490 MSRP*
- V6 twin-turbo engine with 424 horsepower and 428 lb-ft of torque
- Q4 Intelligent AWD
- HomeLink® garage door opener
- 8.4-inch touchscreen display with rotary control
- Available Bowers & Wilkins Ultra Premium Audio System
*Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (also referred to as “MSRP”, “Base MSRP”, “Base Price” or the “Starting At” price), excludes destination/delivery charge, taxes, title, license, and registration and/or electronic filing fees, dealer fees, and total of options.